Thursday, February 20, 2014

Abuse therapy and race prep

My inattention to my weak right hip is really coming back with a vengeance. Tonight I had an hour session with my stretch therapist, Brad. I was nearly in tears when he was working on my adductor and illiopsoas. Groan. Hopefully I'll be a little less out of whack tomorrow and this weekend. Plenty of pigeon pose in my future!

I'm finally packed for my trip to Tampa; if I don't get called I'm off reserve at 11am tomorrow (crossing fingers) and trying to get on a noon flight to Tampa. Then it's off to the Gasparilla race expo with Mom and David, who I'm hoping are both walking the 5K with me on Saturday! It would be so cool for them to both have race Ts and medals.

I finally sat down and wrote up a generic packing list for races, since I seem to travel for them so much. Of course the next 3 races I'm scheduled for are local. This will be a nice break.

David's currently at jetBlue U for his first recurrent; he's in the box tonight for his checkride until 3am. I know he's going to do amazing. I'm back on reserve Wednesday and while there's a nice 3 day trip with a wonderful MYR overnight in it, I'm hoping I don't get assigned as David will be home Wednesday/Thursday. It's been a really rough month. That the more time we spend together, the harder it is to be apart. We should be used to being on our own, as it's been 6 years since I started at Spirit, but it's honestly more difficult. Being married has made us even more attached to each other. I love him more every day and I know he feels the same way about me. But it's been a challenge since he's started at jetBlue, and worse since I chose to become a captain and lost most of the control I had over my schedule. Add Part 117 making schedules more troublesome and it's been a long winter so far. We're doing fine, it's just that neither one of us have any "B" plan. Well, David does. And we've always promised that we'd rather quit our jobs than endanger our marriage. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Oh...all this thinking about what to do that's not flying the line just makes me stressed out. Oy.

More about the race this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment