Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dear body: no.

Just when I thought I was back on track for my Princess half training, my pre-Thanksgiving sinusitis is back with vengeance. So now I'm home sick from work, taking antibiotics that make me dizzy and a small dose of prednisone to help me breathe. And not running. (Insert Charlie Brown-style ARGH! here)

Tomorrow night the local running store is having an end of the world sale that I'm definitely visiting, but also a 5-miler through the area to look at Christmas lights. I really want to go but there's no way I'll be feeling good enough to do a 5-miler. I need to try and work out a 2 or 3 mile run first just to make sure I can still breathe (and not topple over from the cipro-induced dizziness).

It's so frustrating!! I can never seem to string together a solid two months of running without either being sick or having some weird injury. My "goal in life" for today is to do a yoga class in front of the tv. We'll see how that works.

I'll just have to work harder to train for the Princess and hope that I don't get sick again between now and February. Maybe the antibiotics kill everything off finally.

For those of you about to run...I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment