Friday, December 21, 2012

First night run!

Tonight I joined some other runners in Cape Girardeau for a 5 mile night run to see Christmas lights. It was a lot of fun! You get tired running by yourself all the time. It was freezing! Fortunately I wore my warm tights, a long sleeve t and my new (shiny!) Brooks running jacket, which worked beautifully.

I, however, didn't work too beautifully. Even though the prednisone the Dr prescribed me last week gave me tons of energy, it also left me terribly dehydrated. A mile in and both my legs cramped and I was forced to walk a lot more than I would have wanted to. Fortunately the run was a "no man left behind" scenario and a couple of the ladies were nice enough to hang back with me. After another mile or so the cramps worked themselves out and we finished out the run. It was nice to meet some new people besides the...well, besides most of the people I've met here in Cape.

And now I HAVE to go back for another run, just to prove I'm not a complete loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment