Thursday, March 6, 2014

Back at work...

I'm on a 4 day trip for work right now - it's so good to be back! While it's certainly wonderful to have 2 weeks off from work, the return is always stressful. It takes a couple flights to get back into the flow of things. Today was a 3 leg day and a Myrtle Beach overnight. I haven't had a MYR overnight in so long and we're now at a beautiful hotel in the tourist area called the Boardwalk. Unfortunately it's cold and pouring down rain; I had dinner with two of the flight attendants but I have no idea if I'll venture out of the hotel again tomorrow.

I love Myrtle Beach because it has some wonderful hard packed sand for running. I learned quickly to check the tide charts and to schedule my runs at low tide! But it really is great for running. I suppose it's fortunate that the weather is bad because I have my Brooks and my running clothes in my suitcase and it would be so tempting to go!

Today was my first day where I wasn't thinking about my ankle. It twinged a bit this morning while I was getting dressed but as soon as my muscles warmed up and the tendons stretched back out it's felt very solid. I haven't even worn the KT tape since day before yesterday. I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to return to running by Wednesday. And just in time for some warm(er) weather...and most importantly, the return of Daylight Savings Time!!

I started reading Running & Being by George Sheehan last night - I am so struck by his description of the soul of running. I know why his book is so popular; most runners must have felt like he was writing just for them. I can't wait to read more.

Thinking happy thoughts for some very special people this week. The end to my hibernation cannot come soon enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment