Monday, March 3, 2014

Cabin fever!

I think there's nothing worse than being in Florida during the most beautiful part of the year and not being able to run! Woke up in pain today. I think I walked too much yesterday, or perhaps it was venturing out in flip flops, which I rarely do.  I suppose I'll have to take it extra easy today.

While it's incredibly frustrating for me to not be able to run right now, I'm focused on one thing and one thing only:

I have to make sure that I stay injury free from June 1 on. So while it's March and I can't run, when I get back into it I'm going to be very cognizant of how quickly I increase my mileage up to the 10 mile long runs needed to start marathon training. I'm nervous about the race but also excited - I don't want to say that 1/2 marathons have become easy because they're NOT but I've always been the person who says "ok, I've done that, what's next?!" I'm also hoping that the distance running is going to help increase my times for 1/2s in the future. 

Until I can run I'm concentrating on getting healthy and on continuing to lose weight - being in Tampa has not been friendly to the waistline. I did buy a Fitbit yesterday; any bit of motivation helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment