Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Spring! Or..not.

I decided against doing Saturday's 5K because my hip flexor pain seemed to be coming back and I had been dealing with some shin splints. I think that was the good choice for me - I'm trying to not put any pressure on myself in March so that I can ramp up my long runs and weekly mileage safely.

Today's 5 mile long run went well - I held a 11:36 average pace, which I'm happy with. I didn't feel like doing my spur out to the museum (which requires crossing a busy road twice) so I decided to loop around the middle school. I was just about to do that when I realized that it was Monday and school was still in session, and I'm so worried about getting in trouble! Instead I ran through their great XC area. It's uneven as heck but I like trail running, it makes a humdrum run exciting!!

The temperature today was brutal - 26 degrees! I had to dig out all my winter running clothes AGAIN. At least there's no snow on the ground and all the fauna are out. I saw robins, sparrows and what were either Carolina wrens or titmice. It's a reassuring sign that spring may actually be coming after all.

We've got a lot going on tomorrow but eventually I'm going to get into some more strength training and swimming. For now I have a date with a yoga mat and my Grid foam roller!


No comments:

Post a Comment