Monday, March 10, 2014

Finally!!

Today was shaping up to be a complete waste of a day off! I got home at 2am from work, didn't go to sleep around 4am, and was up around 9. I lazed about most of the day, doing laundry and watching Once Upon a Time and Modern Family. Around 5 my husband (who is at work) asked why I was inside all day when it was so gorgeous outside. Duh!

Even though I hadn't really intended to run today I threw some tights and one of my shiny new Gasparilla shirts on, grabbed my shoes and my iPhone and said "ok! No more than two miles!"

Is there anything better, more freeing, more gleeful that those first few strides on a gorgeous, sunny day? I felt like my inner lab was coming out, as I started out WAY too fast. Oh well, right? March is Fun Run month. I'm just going to run for fun and no worry so much about training paces and distances.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

2 miles in just over 22 minutes, which felt great after 2 weeks of grumpy nothingness. Even the ol' fitbit was excited. There was barely any snow left on the paths - just a couple sections to tiptoe through. Overall, a great run. The hip started bothering me around 1.5 miles in but we're working on that. My foot felt great, though. No pain at all during the run and only a little nagging after. 

Whee! I might go out again tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment