Saturday, March 8, 2014

Frustrated

I was so excited about my ankle/foot being pain free for two days..until last night.

Yesterday was a longish day at work: 3 legs and about 6 hours of flying. It was a busy day as we only had about 40 minutes in between flights. This leaves just about enough time for a bathroom break, to review/enter the new flight plan and maybe grab some food. I had a bad moment and decided to "share" some McDs french fries with our lead flight attendant, which basically meant he had 4 fries and I ate the other 8,000 calories. Oy. I miss having my cooler this trip; I'm not starving but I'm not eating terribly healthy.

My sprain was feeling great but between the long walk from the gate in Detroit to our hotel van combined with my completely exhausted loafers, by the time I got to the hotel my ankle was killing me again. I think I'll retape it with some KT Tape for extra support and down some ibuprofen for lunch.

I was really looking forward to getting back on the road by Wednesday - now I'm not so sure. It's been 2 weeks since Gasparilla so I'm getting impatient. I'm trying to not let my 1000 mile goal push me out the door too soon - I figure with marathon training I'll have plenty of time to get in some crazy mileage. It's so important that I let the sprain heal so that I can increase my milage to be ready for those long runs starting in June!! I could honestly not run all of March and still be in good shape for a gentle milage increase to 10 miles by the end of May.  I miss the serotonin, though.

In ACY tonight with a late RSW turn tomorrow night; then home for a day and possibly working Tuesday. There is a RSW turn in open time for Tuesday but I can never figure out their rationale behind assignments - I swear a dartboard is involved.

I'll leave you with a picture of Lake Michigan from yesterday...cannot wait for winter to be over!!

Lake Michigan from the (VEECK no wait now it's the WATSN) arrival into ORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment